|Salary:||$105,000 - $140,000 + Bonus + Company Benefits|
|Division:||MARINE ENGINEERING JOBS|
Marine Integration Engineer - Houston
This role is accountable for providing technical sales support, integration support and project management for the Marine technical portfolio of new sales offerings combining and optimizing existing and modified company and partner offerings to the marine industry for electrification and hybrid drive projects relating to propulsion systems.
This role will provide technical expertise working together with the regional sales, segment and dealer teams for complex projects and for development of new solutions
* The incumbent is responsible for independently developing and evaluating complex vessel machinery and power systems solutions and to be able to benchmark a specific solution against others in a value based manner understanding how a specific solution affects a specific ship operator's business model including CAPEX and OPEX.
* The work is primarily technical in nature and requires a high level of shipbuilding knowledge including mechanical and electrical interface aspects for diesel engines and the various propulsion systems.
* Work will involve a high level of freedom and a responsibility for creating, evaluating and promoting new concepts internally as well as externally towards stakeholders in the industry such as ship yards, ship owners and designers.
* Work will also involve sourcing internal or external solutions and creating quotes for the complete scope of supply. Once a project is sold responsibilities will include project management and technical installation support for the complete scope of supply.
* While the incumbent might be specialized in one field they should have a high level of general expertize for other vessel systems outside of the standard offering (engines and propulsion) such as electrical integration and other fields.
* At this level the incumbent has more freedom to make decisions independently in order to maximize success and will work independently with the corresponding team to drive progress on new solutions and projects.
* Develop and implement new equipment concepts into the market using existing and modified products as well as partner offerings.
* Analyze and determine the optimum technical concept for each individual vessel project application and provide this service to our sales organization together with our clients in order to support the sale and installation for the full engine, propulsion and system integration package solution towards our client.
* Develop and maintain a strong and long term relationship as a partner with key opinion and decision makers/leaders/contacts plus other relevant clients/parties within the marine industry (ship designer mm)
* Collaborate closely with the Product teams on developing new products and services for our customers.
* Key decision making mainly technically but also commercially
* This role requires a university degree in a technical field related to Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, mechanical or electrical engineer or similar.
* Also, at least 5-10 years prior experience in a relevant technical sales support or engineering position within the marine industry is required as well as experience in the design and application engineering for marine propulsion equipment.
* They must also have a proven track record of being able to develop and understand complex technical solutions and arguments.
* The incumbent must have high leadership skills and be results orientated (i.e. responsible, high drive, takes initiative etc
* $105,000 to €140,000
* Bonus up to 18%
* Excellent company benefits package.
£55,000 - £65,000 + 12.5% Non-contributory Pension, Health Care, Bonus and Relocation