|Division:||MARINE OPERATIONS JOBS|
This is an exciting and challenging management role, responsible for managing the delivery of 'Marine Evacuation System' (MES) services, across the US. The MES Manager is responsible for developing robust service schedules for clients, that are efficient, well-resourced and achievable within scheduled time-frames. The role involves excellent communication skills, liaising with clients to ensure that service demands are accurately identified and planned for. Internally, the MES Manager will need excellent communication skills to manage a large team of technical and administrative staff, both locally and remotely. Exceptional leadership skills, robust and efficient logistic planning, and excellent communications skills, are all critical to this role.
Our client is a global leader in maritime safety equipment and safety solutions. The company is committed to improving all aspects of safety at sea and have global market share.
The MES Manager will liaise with senior on-board and shore-based clients, to ensure that client service demands are expertly scheduled and that service activities are flawlessly delivered. This involves developing accurate schedules and logistic planning to maximise efficiency and mobilise resources (staff, tools, service kits and parts). Through the management of service technicians and the maintenance of client communications and feedback, the MES Manager will be expected to expertly manage the seamless delivery of services, both in attendance on-board client ships, and remotely.
The MES Manager will need to understand and implement all issues of industry compliance, in terms of policy, procedure and administration, working to the QHSE Management System and multiple company policies. The MES Manager will also be responsible for appointing and dismissing technical staff and is expected to develop and implement 'best practice' in all circumstances.
Essential Experience and Technical Knowledge
* A technical or engineering degree
* 5+ year's experience coordinating and supervising MES services for cruise vessels
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements for MES servicing
* 3+ year's experience of personnel management (preferably technical and administrative staff).
* Exceptional logistic planning skills to schedule servicing activities and ensure the efficient mobilisation of staff and resources.
* Strong computer skills including MS Excel, Word and Outlook, and an aptitude and confidence to gain fluency using other computer systems and software (e.g. SAP and ServiceNow).
* Fluency in spoken and written English (and preferred fluency in spoken Spanish)
* Excellent and positive communications with senior client colleagues, and internally with service technicians and administrators.
Back to Jobs Page
$65,000 - $85,000 + excellent company benefits