|Salary:||£70,000 + £80,000 + Company Benefits|
|Division:||MARINE SURVEYING JOBS|
Back to Jobs Page
Consultant Marine Engineer
A highly reputable Marine and Offshore Consultancy with a truly global presence is looking to add a commercially astute Chief Engineer to their London team.
- Undertake a wide range of surveys, investigations, audits and attendances as required, always in a professional manner, on ships, docks, fixed and floating objects both on and near shore and offshore.
- Communicate findings both verbally and in the form of written reports and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Work together with clients such as P&I Clubs/Insurers, H&M Underwriters, Owners and Lawyers.
- The role requires working away from the office both within the UK and occasionally outside the UK, conducting the above scope of work.
- Where cases end up in court, provide written expert opinion and give verbal evidence in service to the court or tribunal as required within your areas of expertise.
- Attend meetings, court proceedings and conferences as necessary to fulfil the business objectives.
- Develop and maintain a network of clients and potential clients for the business.
- Identify areas of potential by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Locate or propose potential new business opportunities by contacting potential clients,
- Track the activities and accomplishments of companies relevant to the company.
- Market the company's capabilities within the marine market.
- Update knowledge and keep abreast of industry trends by participating in training, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional conferences.
- STCW Class 1 Chief Engineer III/2 certification
- Shore based experience working as a Technical Superintendent or other relevant position would be advantageous
- Seagoing experience on large commercial vessels e.g. Tankers, Container Vessels, Bulk Carriers.
- You will have excellent report writing skills.
- Commercial astute
- An excellent networker
- Candidates will have the right to work in the UK
- The role will be working out of the London region; relocation support may be available based on circumstances.
- £70,000 - £80,000
- Company benefits package including pension and life cover.
Attractive Remuneration Package