|Salary:||Competitive Renumeration Package|
|Division:||MARINE ENGINEERING JOBS|
Do you have what it takes to join a pioneering company who are leading the shipping industry towards a greener future?
Silverstream Technologies are working with Faststream exclusively to recruit driven and dynamic individuals to join their team as they embark upon an exciting new phase of growth. Silverstream are a fast-growing company at the forefront of ship efficiency technology.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this key role is to provide subject matter expertise to the Silverstream Technologies business in the context of mechanical components and piping systems that are integral to functioning of ALS. You will be involved in a wide range of activities from overseeing the specification of components and their interface at ship to managing the technical relationship with key OEMs, chief amongst which are compressor manufacturers. You will devise, instigate, execute and manage a programme of cost engineering activities agreed with Silverstream Technologies' senior management as relating to provision and integration of mechanical and piping systems. You will lead/assist projects aimed at development of system designs associated with vessels that are first of Class in respect to installation of ALS.
* Provide subject matter expertise for mechanical, HVAC and piping design/modifications for installation of ALS both as a Retrofit and as part of a Newbuild project
* Provide a focal point to our engineering teams in context of mechanical engineering, HVAC and piping systems, nurturing and growing our skills base in this regard
* Act as technical focal point withkeyOEMs for mechanical components. Activities encompassing.
* Develop & maintain technical and performance specifications
* Support tendering activities associated with placement of Framework Agreements with identified OEMs
* Enable cost effective solutions for all target vessels
* Develop clear understanding of the life cycle cost of solutions offered to clients
* Apply mechanical engineering expertise on Projects in support of Project Engineers (PE)
* Attendance at shipyards including oversight of system commissioning activities
* Develop suite of standard Project deliverables that articulate the mechanical/piping/HVAC elements of ALS installation
Skills, Qualifications, Experience & Characteristics:
* Higher Degree in Mechanical/Marine Engineering or a related subject or equivalent industry qualifications (Chief Engineer)
* Chartered Engineering Status is desirable although not essential
* A clear and demonstratable understanding of marine air compressor design, operation and installation in a marine environment is desirable
* A clear and demonstratable understanding of marine piping systems and ability to calculate pipe system losses, pipe stresses, heat transfer and similar characteristics is desirable
* A clear and demonstratable understanding of marine HVAC systems and ability to calculate air flow needs given ambient conditions and compartment heat load is desirable
* Experience relating to the oversight and verification of mechanical works executed within a shipyard environment
* Conversant with AutoCAD and/or similar drafting packages. Some experience with Solid Works/3D modelling is desirable although not essential
* A highly competitive base salary, pension and flexible working
* The opportunity to work for a truly visionary company making a real impact on green technology making the shipping industry more sustainable.
* Be a part of a passionate innovative team where your voice is truly heard and where you can make a real difference
£55,000 - £65,000 + 12.5% Non-contributory Pension, Health Care, Bonus and Relocation
£45,000-£65,000 plus excellent benefits.