|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
I am representing a London client, who are planning the strategic hire of a Senior Piping Designer. This person will have specific expertise in piping and valves, and become the go-to expert for all piping installation challenges, supporting a team of project engineers in the UK and abroad to provide cost-effective solutions.
This company work on a variety of large marine vessels, so a background in cruise, tankers, containers or similar will be highly relevant.
Key role requirements:
* Strong background in Mechanical Marine Engineering
* Highly knowledgeable in specification, sizing, design, layout and installation of piping for large vessels
* Retrofit experience in-house for a ship owner is highly desirable, new build experience is also of interest
* Proven modelling capabilities eg Rhino, Navisworks is advantageous
* Understanding of piping isometrics and arrangement drawings
* Knowledge of systems such as Ballast Water Treatment and Scrubbers is very relevant
* Right to Work in the UK is essential, and some international travel may be required
This is a permanent position with associated benefits. Due to a strong pipeline of work over 2020 and beyond, this role is likely to start in January, but please apply today to be considered as my client will move quickly to secure the right candidate for this important function.Back to Jobs Page
£55,000 - £60,000 DOE