|Salary:||£33,000 - £45,000 + Overtime + Car + Pension + Other benefits|
|Division:||SERVICE ENGINEERING JOBS|
The mission of the technical position is to attend services on Navigation and communication systems on board the vessels (Repairs, Installation; Survey; commissioning, etc.) under Aage Hempel Group Name.
Reporting to the team Leader or Regional Manager.
* Provide service worldwide on-board vessels.
* Install, integrate and test existing and new products on board /at shore on request.
* Conduct installation audits and generate installation audit reports for Customer acceptance.
* Diagnose / fix issues on naval platform in-service.
* Support Service Control and other engineers with technical issues.
* As required, provide global technical support to customers and/or other engineers
* Be available for reasonable amounts of out of hours service work, sometimes at short notice. Overtime is payable for this.
* Return all documents to the Coordination dept according to the required time.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
* Demonstrable experience as a Marine Service Engineer
* Experience in a marine electronics environment
* Experience of practical fault-finding on complex equipment, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills must be possessed by service engineer.
* PC configuration experience with networking and IT skills
* Being confident and reliable Ability to work effectively on their own
* Having good reasoning abilities
* Communicating and presenting data effectively
* Being flexible and adaptable to ships schedules / jobs.
* Guiding team members
* Being self-motivated
* Being enthusiastic.
* Being organized and thorough
* He/she must be familiar with all parts of the equipment approved for it as well as familiarity with Manufacturers procedures.
* He/she must have excellent communication skills to communicate with other parties as Coordinators, Agents, Crews, Captains and Superintendents.
* He/she must be familiar with measures equipment test and Calibration.
* Manual dexterity - ability to climb masts and work safely at height. also, able to work in enclosed spaces, sometimes with difficult access.
* Bachelors or Masters Degrees in Electronics, Engineering Technology.
* Others Technical Course that prove his Technical knowledge.
* Full drive licence
* Passport holder as SC Clearance is required.
* In depth knowledge of operation of marine radars, gyros, autopilot, automation, etc.
* Familiarity with ERP system
* GMDSS GOC
Back to Jobs Page
Competitive Market Value + Extra when working on vessels
Competitive base salary with great benefits