|Salary:||£28,000 - £32,000 + Company Car + Overtime + Pension + phone + laptop|
|Division:||SERVICE ENGINEERING JOBS|
Job title: Marine Electronic Engineer
Location: Kilkeel, Northern Ireland
By your experience and training, a Marine Electronics Engineer is a professional who can independently undertake installations and repair services on Marine Navigational and communications systems on a variety of vessel types.
A Marine Electronic Engineer's primary role is to conduct installations, and provide maintenance and repairs service for vessels safety, communications, and navigation systems. They are expected to conduct safety surveys of a merchant vessel in line with SOLAS requirements, the relevant Classification societies, or MCA. Through continuous development of technical knowledge, they are expected to advice stakeholders and customers when requested to support sales.
It is expected that engineers will promote sales of the company's goods and services during the course of their duties.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Works with the Principle Engineer and appointed Administrator to ensure the efficient operation of the Marine service Centre
* Carrying out installation and commissioning of equipment on customers' vessels and premises
* Carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment on customers' vessels and premises and on company premises
* Providing technical support to customers and the company's sales and service agents
* Able to perform surveys and inspections of ship radio communications and radio navigational installations, subject to being in possession of the appropriate qualifications, accreditations and experience
* Be competent with marine equipment and integrated systems in line with their experience and qualifications
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
The following skills and experience are required:
Past experience in a service industry as well as an in-depth knowledge of Marine Navigation and communication systems is essential.
Good track record in customer service.
* HNC/HND or equivalent in an Electronics / Electrical discipline
* Full driving licence
* GMDSS operator's certificate
* Radio survey experience
* BOSIET or OLF certification
* Experience working for a marine electronics service company
* Navigation and Communications manufactures training courses
Competitive salary with great benefits
€35,000 - €48,000 + Phone + Laptop + Benefits