|Salary:||Highly Competitive Base Salary + Benefits|
|Division:||MARINE OPERATIONS JOBS|
Working for a global ship owner, based in Houston, the Marine Buyer provides support in purchasing products, materials and services, obtaining and negotiating cost-effective bids from suppliers, taking into consideration reliability, quality and urgency of need.
The Marine Buyer will take actions to control spend, condense inventories and lower overall costs. In addition will assist in the delivery of the procurement work process, coordinating with the Logistic team to ensure on-time delivery to the required location.
Essential responsibilities will include:
* Managing supply chain activities related to procurement of goods and services
* Overseeing the POs and order acknowledgements from vendors.
* Perform best cost practices through contract negotiations and bid proposals
* Maintaining constant communication with all stakeholders.
* Building and managing relationships with worldwide suppliers.
* Analyze procurement data and supplier services
You will be degree educated in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Supply Chain or similar
Ideally with 5 years or more experience as a buyer in maritime operations.Back to Jobs Page