|Salary:||£65,000 - £70,000 Pension, Medical and Bonus|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Division:||TECHNICAL SHIPPING JOBS|
Due to expansion our client is looking for and experienced Technical Superintendent to join the team in Newcastle. You will need to have experience work on MEGI and DFDE propulsion vessels.
In this role, you will work closely with LNG team members to ensure the successful execution and completion of projects you are assigned to or required to manage. You will be required to solve problems, issues or concerns of clients and use your experience to analyse situations and provide safe solutions within the time frames available.
This is a great opportunity to expand your technical skill set to include more office-based tasks included finance, HR and legal aspects of running a project which affects the business.
* Treat safety and environmental compliance as a top priority.
* Generate third party terminal management opportunities and contracts.
* Support existing projects and agreements.
* Project Management including insuring compliance with local regulatory agencies, company tax requirements, HR etc. supervision of designated employees, review subcontractors/vendors in terms of contractual compliance, competence and service,
* Prepare and monitor annual operating budgets for customers.
* Preparation of internal annual operating budgets.
* Provide input and assistance in completion and or revisions to operations, emergency procedures, maintenance and repair and Port facility security plans.
* Conduct vendor assessments in regards to quality and cost.
* Assist customers in developing new operational procedures, policies, equipment upgrades.
* Port security coordination and management.
* Develop new leads for third party terminal management and LNG opportunities.
* Determine organisational structure requirements for new ports, personnel, local offices and other necessary infrastructure as necessary.
* Assist in development of third party Master Services Agreements and operating contracts
* Ensure planned maintenance schedules are being adhered to and are up to date.
* Ship/port compatibility evaluations.
* Conduct port inspections as necessary.
* Assist customers in cost control measures
* Participate in industry related activities
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills
* At least 2 years experience sailing experience as Senior Engineer
* 2 years experience on LNG in last 5 years
* A flexible self-starter, with a can-do attitude and a thirst for learning
* Strong analogical skills and attention to detail
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong financial modeling and presentation development skills
* Problem solver and sound business judgement
* Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
* Capable of working both independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
* High competency in MS Office
SGD143,000 to SGD156,000 per annum. Salary commensurate with experience.