|Salary:||Excellent Salary and Benefits|
|Division:||TECHNICAL SHIPPING JOBS|
As part of the Technical & Vetting Team, the Support & Assurance Superintendent will play a key role in providing marine assurance for all marine-related activities specific to gas and LNG, through performing a combination of routine marine assurance assessments, day to day business support to the LNG book and support to group gas projects.
* Perform assessments and inspections of gas vessel owners/managers, gas terminal facilities and gas STS contractors to the requirements of the Vetting & Clearance team.
* Provide support and technical input into the marine standards, specifically LNG marine operations.
* Provide support and advice to third party and external contractors and businesses for assessment/inspection and specific Shipping/Marine projects worldwide.
* Provide subject matter expertise and assessment support around a range of specialist Shipping elements, such as gas Ship to Ship Transfer, ship/shore compatibility, gas operations etc.
* Provide expertise and advice in support of the Vetting & Clearance teams and other internal teams and stakeholders, as required.
* Participate in local government and industry forums as appropriate including Sigtto and SGMF
* Contribute to the delivery of continuous improvement of team activities and the development and sharing of assessment/inspection best practice with the objective of achieving global consistency in assessment/inspection activity.
* Contribute to identifying current and future shipping and group marine related activities, providing early marine advice, including involvement in projects/peer group reviews and pre/post start up audits.
* Support LNG book globally by providing specialist technical advice and support to day to day trading activity.
* Support LNG origination activity by way of specialist technical support towards long term LNG transactions.
* Class II/2 or III/2 (Master/Chief Mate or Chief/second Engineer) and experience as
Master/Chief Officer or Chief Engineer/2nd Engineer on board gas carriers.
* Chartered Professional Status
* Terminal Assessments and due diligence review
* Ship/Shore Compatibility reviews
* Gas cargo operations and port operations
* Gas Projects Marine Scope
* Risk Assessment: Leading Risk Assessments, Coordinating MoC Process
* Knowledge of OCIMF Tanker and Marine Terminal Management and Self-Assessment.
* Lead Auditor qualification
* Knowledge of project planning processes
* Knowledge of risk assessment techniques
Back to Jobs Page
Competitive Salary - Dependent on experience
Competitive package. Flexible working arrangements upon returning from overseas.