|Salary:||Exceptional Remuneration Package|
|Division:||SHIPBUILDING & YARDS JOBS|
Faststream Recruitment has entered into an exclusive partnership with MSC Cruises to recruit and hire the new build site teams across Europe who will be critical in MSC's extensive cruise ship new build programme.
We are in search of four Interior Outfitting specialist to look after the following sections; Public Areas, Cabins & ADA, Crew Area and Catering & Laundry.
The Interior Outfitting Specialist is responsible for inspecting the construction and outfitting of their designated area as per the approved design. He/She is controlling quality of the materials used and highlighting any discrepancies with the approved project, suggesting potential adjustments when minor issues are identified and scope for improvement in relation to following shipbuildings.
- Ensures that all hotel areas are built within the set timescale and in line with the approved architectural design and contractual requirements;
- Follows the architectural design implementation and development, maintaining accurate and up to date records of all activities and inspections;
- Attends project meetings and prepares progress reports;
- Ensures that all materials used are compliant and in scope with the specifications and the architectural design, of a suitable quality fit for its intended use, approved by class;
- Suggests minor adjustments as may be found necessary on site and follows implementation and development of any architectural design change;
- Highlights relevant aspects of the ship's architectural design that can be improved for future constructions.
- Assists with Plan Approval activities as required
Job-Requirements: skills, competencies, experience
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Italian or French is a plus;
- A Degree in Interior Design applied to shipbuilding or equivalent qualification or significant relevant experience is required;
- Substantial experience with delivering inspections of cabins, public areas, catering & laundry areas, ADA, crew areas applied to shipbuilding or refitting in shipyards or on board cruise vessels in operations; Some experience in a leadership position is also required;
- Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office (including Excel, MS Word, MS Project or equivalent and PowerPoint) and ability to use design programs such as Autocad;
- Familiarity with Marine Rules and International Standards and Regulations;
- Ability to review new building specifications and drawings and to read and understand a variety of engineering drawings;
- Good apolitical skills, attention to detail and a 'can do' attitude;
- Availability to work long hours under pressure and over the weekend when required. Frequent travelling is involved;
Right to live work and live in the EU
***PLEASE STATE ON YOUR APPLICATION WITH ROLE YOU WISH TO BE CONSIDERED FOR; Public Areas, Cabins & ADA, Crew Area or Catering & Laundry.***Back to Jobs Page