|Salary:||A competitive remuneration package.|
My client is a UK based marine contractor with their own fleet, assets and labour force. They have a portfolio in specialist and general merchant vessel operations, marine civil contracting and Tidal/Wave Energy Converter installations, operations and maintenance. The company has ambitious plans for growth in all three of these subsectors.
They specialise in shoreline, coastal and offshore marine services with a wealth of amphibious and heavy lifting experience ranging from marine renewable energy construction projects to project cargo, marine civil engineering, subsea and salvage operations and many more offshore and specialist marine services.
The Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental manager will be responsible for ensuring the company is operating safe systems of work and complying to all its statutory obligations. They will report directly to the board.
* Ensuring the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
* Establish, review and prioritise operational policies and standards, in line with mandatory marine guidelines as published by IMO and implemented by Flag state.
* Developing Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures.
* Carrying out internal audits of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality processes measuring performance.
* Carrying out internal and external site and vessel inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
* Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to analyse and establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as collating, analysing and publishing monthly safety statistics.
* Carrying out risk assessments ensuring that all documentation and method statements are up to date.
* The HSQE Manager will be developing and maintaining quality management systems in compliance with ISO 9001.
* Increasing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness to employees with training techniques and coaching sessions.
* Communicating various findings and to assist in the development of localised improvement plans. Ensuring project managers are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required.
* Representing and promoting the organisation's safety performance to third parties (e.g. clients and the Health and Safety Executive).
* Complete weekly/monthly management reports for submission to the Directors. Supporting the Company's Crisis Management Response team
Worked in an offshore maritime, construction, renewables based role
Previous experience in a similar HSEQ role- ideally 10+ years
Practical knowledge of Quality improvements and techniques
Experience and knowledge of Quality Standard ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
Knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental processes and legislation
Establishing and setting clear priorities
Presentation skills, confident in engaging with staff at all levels across the business.
A competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a beautiful coastal location supporting marine renewable projects.Back to Jobs Page
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Competitive Package and Benefits