|Salary:||€130,000 - €150,000 + Bonus, Pension and Health Care|
|Division:||TECHNICAL SHIPPING JOBS|
Our client is a pioneer and market leader in innovative floating LNG solutions, providing integrated services along the entire LNG value chain. They offer a full range of floating regasification services from FSRU to infrastructure development to LNG supply.
This role will advise on the operational management of the assigned vessels, providing high levels of operational performance as specified within the Fleet Operations Performance Contract, Ship Management Agreements, relevant Charter Parties, and other contracts with clients. Appropriate bias on marine operations related issues and in particular, HSEQ, SMS implementation, cargo handling and quality control and monitoring of inspections, testing and maintenance or critical nautical systems based upon the planned maintenance system. Compliance with regulatory, Classification Society and LNG Industry standards are a must in order to positively project the ETM product and brand while delivering the highest levels of performance, operability, and reliability without compromise to safety. The Operations Superintendent will also be responsible for the effective implementation of navigation, seamanship and cargo handling policies on board company vessels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensures that vessels within the fleet group are run safely, reliably and economically to the highest professional standard, while ensuring a high level of cargo care in both quality and quantity. International and Flag State legal and regulatory requirements and company policies concerning ship operations, including cargo care, the safety of navigation and the health and safety of personnel, are adhered to at all times.
* Ensures that vessels within the fleet are successfully vetted prior to chartering out to third parties by arranging timely SIRE inspections, responding promptly to observations raised, initiating remedial actions and identifying gaps in policies and procedures.
* To enter updated VPQ into SIRE system and maintain Q88 and relevant TMSA records.
* Ensure that the Company reputation is safeguarded and take responsibility for ensuring the minimum of exposure to environmental pollution incidents
* Leads investigations into incidents when required and follows up to close out of actions satisfactorily in a timely manner.
* Provides an effective working link on a day-to-day basis between ETM management and ship's staff. Also provides the necessary marine supervision and improvements on all shipping matters as required. Ensure the effective implementation of quality improvement projects and enhanced business processes associated with operational issues on board and ashore. Undertake ship visits as determined by the Director - Fleet Operations.
* Prepare and perform navigational audits as per SMS, also organizes vetting inspections as may be required, including follow up and close out of any actions or observations raised.
* Coordinate the external ISM & ISPS audits and assist where necessary
* Keep the Company's Contingency Plan, SOPEP, SMPEP, OPA '90 Plans updated
* Recognize sub-standard performance and engage Technical and SHEQ staff to investigate and evaluate alternative systems, equipment, contractors and methods for beneficial use in place of obsolete, unreliable or less efficient systems or equipment on company operated ships
* Liaise with Director - Fleet Operations and the Director - Crewing on matters concerning suitability of personnel for promotion, possible secondment or career development and undertake assessments of candidates for promotion.
* Be responsible for the co-ordination and close-out of response to audits/inspection, in liaison with the SHEQ Department, of ships within the Fleet.
* Manages updates of the technical library and contributes to Operations data collection relating to ship performance monitoring, documents filing, archiving and record system.
* Represents the Company at industry venues and relevant committees relating to shipping matters as directed.
* Liaison with clients, agents, ports, vessels, and all company stakeholders.
* Undertakes various tasks as delegated from time to time.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
* Sailed on FSRU and/or LNG vessels in the deck department and worked as Senior Officer (Master or Chief Officer) or Cargo Officer
* FSRU on board service and/or shore-side technical support is preferred.
* Fully conversant with International, National Statutory requirements and developments in the marine industry (SOLAS, MARPOL, ISM, ISPS, SOPEP and ISOs.)
* Understanding of the daily operations on board an LNG tankers and FSRU's
* Marine Degrees in the following areas acceptable - Ships Officer Deck or Engineering, Naval Architecture, etc. Suitable documented experience will be accepted in lieu of Degree.
Competitive Salary + 12.5% Non-contributory Pension, Health Care, Bonus and Relocation
€130,000 - €150,000 + Bonus, Pension and Health Care