|Salary:||Extremely Competitive Salary and Full Benefits Package|
|Division:||TECHNICAL SHIPPING JOBS|
As Fleet Director you will be accountable for the safe, efficient, environmentally friendly, cost effective and compliant operation of over 30 tankers. You will manage 3 direct reports.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* The management of safe, efficient and lawful working practices within the Company and any other place of work where the Company's personnel may be working on behalf of the Company.
* Ensuring that Company objectives are reviewed, communicated and implemented at all levels within the all assigned fleet groups.
* Active management in the cost-effective operation of the fleet either through budget spending oversight or setting realistic budgets which meet the client's operational profile.
* Responsible for the development, coaching and mentoring of Fleet Managers, Superintendents and other indirect reports. Where development needs are identified these must be managed in line with HR policies.
* Maintaining Company Certification relating to Safety, Environmental, Energy and Quality management code(s)/standard(s) to which the Company subscribes.
* Ensuring there are always adequately qualified and competent staff assigned to fleet vessels
* Ensure the company's Safety Management System remains current and up to date which the current technology, legislative and industry requirements. Encourage input and suggestions in order to continually improve and develop the Company Management System.
* Representation of the Company to third parties.
* Advising the Board of Directors of any events which may affect the Client's perception or attitude to the Company.
* Liaising with the Board of Directors on new-business requirements on a case by case basis.
* Responsible for, in liaison with the Commercial Department:
Class One Certificate of Competency
Senior seagoing experience, previous experience within a leadership role.
Experience leading and managing clients and other stakeholders
Experience managing a team including appraisals, performance and development
Experience dealing with media
Experience in risk analysis and management
Back to Jobs Page
Competitive market salary, commensurate with experience
Salary commensurate with experience
£75,000 - £90,000 plus additional benefits