Our client an international FPSO operator is looking for an Environmental Advisor to work as the Focal Point for all work related to the natural environment. As Environmental Advisor you will be providing support to internal and external stakeholders on a range of environmental issues, including advising on the implementation of environmental regulations to ensure best practice within the UK and the company.
* Ensure that consent applications and environmental permits (and variations) are prepared, submitted and followed up on where appropriate.
* Analyse, compile, distribute and submit relevant environmental data; including environmental returns to EEMS, environmental statistics for weekly/monthly meetings, annual atmospheric sheets, waste & chemical returns.
* Build positive relationships with relevant environmental inspectors/managers and regulators.
* Ensure that any BEIS inspections/investigations are closed out to the highest level of satisfaction of inspectors.
* Lead and assist with environmental audits held onshore and offshore, compile reports and ensure that actions are followed up as appropriate.
* Lead or assist with incident investigations related to spillages of oil/chemicals or gas releases, compile reports and ensure that actions are followed up as appropriate.
* Provide expertise on environmental risk assessments.
* Advise on proactive environmental activities to ensure high awareness and continuous improvement in environmental performance.
* Develop effective relationships with offshore personnel at all levels.
* Promote the company's work within natural environment, sustainability and corporate social responsibility. Including follow up campaigns, cooperation with relevant operating companies, authorities and industry organisations.
* Ensure UK compliance with the ISO 14001 certification.
* Cooperate closely and align with Company Environmental Lead
* Environmental degree or equivalent.
* Experience working within a similar role
* Excellent working knowledge of Shelf State environmental legislation.
* Auditing or inspection experience and/or qualifications.
* Incident investigation experience.