|Salary:||Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
My client is seeking an Engineering Manager to take over technical leadership of the Integrity Management Floating Systems team, as well as delivery oversight of Floating Systems integrity services on a global basis. The successful engineer will provide leadership in development and execution of Integrity Management processes with an emphasis on managing risks to client's assets. They will be knowledgeable in the engineering and operation of Floating Systems with the ability to advise on risk reduction best practices and shape a best-in-class service.
This role will be report to the Director of Floating Systems, and will a medium sized team to manage and a view to growing the team size over time. The position will have an intrinsic element of Business Development, supported by an in house BD team, so part of the role will involve developing relationships with existing and new clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide leadership to the delivery of floating systems integrity services
* Develop and enhance functional capability within the Floating Systems service line and maintain a fit for purpose organisation at all times
* Provide a service that encapsulates best-in-class methodologies and concepts such as RCM, Barrier Management, Risk Based Inspections and Predictive modelling
* Ensure that processes and procedures are maintained and developed
* Ensure projects are performed in accordance with industry codes, standards, classification rules, legislation and internal policies and procedures
* Oversee the provision of Floating Systems technical delivery including approval of risk assessments, life assessments, associated engineering calculations for hull structure and mooring systems
* Manage and lead engineers by actively mentoring, developing and promoting talent
* People management responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Some local and international travel will be required, including presence at off and on-shore worksites
* Identify opportunities and support the Sales/Business Development function in development and delivery of marketing to prospective clients
* Manage customer relationships at a senior level and build relationships with key clients to influence decisions
* Lead and develop bids and proposals in support of global operations
* Ensure that business and HSE risk implications of integrity issues are clearly identified and assessed for consideration within the Integrity Management Team and communicated to the Client
* Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems, promoting a strong HSE culture at all times, and ensure that personnel achieve the necessary Health and Safety performance standards
* Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
Qualifications and Experience
* Essential Qualifications- Bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture or equivalent and a Chartered Engineer
* Preferred Qualifications- Master's degree in related subject and MBA
* Minimum 10 years industry experience within classification or Integrity Management, with proven success in delivering technical projects
* A holistic understanding of Floating Systems Integrity Management including Process Safety, Hull & Topsides Structural Integrity, Reliability Engineering, Subsea systems etc.
* Solid financial awareness with substantial experience in managing P&L.
* Experience of the following:
- Hull structures, mooring systems, topsides structures and associated systems
- Codes, standards and class rules for floating systems
- Integrity management of floating systems
- Applicable NDT and inspection methods and class surveys
There is a negotiable salary and benefits package on offer, which is competitive in the Aberdeen market. Please send your CV today for consideration, and I will call to discuss the vacancy in more detail.Back to Jobs Page