|Salary:||Highly Competitive Base Salary + Final Salary Pension and Healthcare|
|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
Electrical Plan Approval Engineer
This is an entry level engineering position for new graduates or other candidates with two (2) years or less experience in the Marine industry. Performs engineering design review and analysis assignments normally involving a major project or several smaller less complex projects. These projects by nature of their complexity and difficulty require the fully competent application of conventional knowledge in a particular field of engineering or science. Through broader and more technically challenging work assignments, incumbent will develop a thorough understanding of policies, methods and procedures.
* Under the supervision of an experienced engineer or engineering manager, performs detailed engineering review of plans as assigned for compliance with applicable Rules, Regulations and contract commitments.
* Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices but may include moderately complex problems such as the resolution of conflicting design requirements, material standards or coordination of activities among other disciplines.
* Drafts technically accurate and timely reports, and responses to client letters, faxes and other forms of communication for review by an experienced engineer or engineering manager.
* Prepares accurate and timely weekly reports and billing on all work performed.
* Communicates the status of the current workload to all appropriate members of the team to insure the needs of the clients will be met.
* May propose technical advice to field operations and other technical offices.
* May propose new approaches to problems encountered and make recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or designs.
* May work directly with clients to identify and resolve problems in the area of technical expertise.
* Works as a team member within the group. May work autonomously, once trained, with minimal supervision.
* S. degree in Marine Electrical Engineering
* Demonstrated computer literacy in engineering software.
* Exposed to Finite Element Method (course work or supervised research).
* Good command of the English language.
* Seagoing engineering license or professional/chartered engineer license
* Two (2) years or less of related engineering experience in a shipyard, design/consulting office, shipping/oil company, or a classification society.
* Knowledge of related technical disciplines required.
* The ability to identify, analyze and propose solutions to problems (i.e., the competence to demonstrate complex problem solving skills).
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
* Ability to work well with others
* Highly competitive base salary
* Final salary pension