|Salary:||Competitive Remuneration Package|
|Division:||SERVICE ENGINEERING JOBS|
Marine Electrical Engineer
Do you have what it takes to join a pioneering company who are leading the shipping industry towards a greener future?
Silverstream Technologies are working with Faststream exclusively to recruit driven and dynamic individuals to join their team as they embark upon an exciting new phase of growth. Silverstream are a fast-growing company at the forefront of ship efficiency technology.
This key role is to provide Marine Electrical Engineering subject matter expertise to the Silverstream Technologies business. You will be involved in a wide range of activities from developing and maintaining the core solution, applying it to projects and supporting the in-service fleet. You will also provide strategic technical input to the supply chain plans.
* Electrical Engineering input into scoping, feasibility studies and detail design projects, together with providing support to other discipline engineers.
* Good understanding and working knowledge with respect to national, international codes and standards and their application used within Marine/Offshore Industry.
* High level of competency with respect to electrical system design and development (Single line diagrams [SLD's], protection and control schemes, equipment layouts, switchgear configurations and cabling) and supporting development of plant layouts.
* Experience of producing the following deliverables - Specifications and Standards, SLD's, Protection and metering schemes, Calculations (Load, cable sizing, equipment sizing), checking of area classification layouts, data sheets for major equipment and preparation of enquiry packages for HV and LV switchgear, transformers, drive systems, UPS, PLC systems, compressors motors.
* Preparation, checking and approval of in-house design drawings, specifications, philosophies, studies, requisitions, technical evaluations and general documentation for instrumentation and control system equipment. etc.
* Engineering support during construction and commissioning phase activities.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience & Characteristics:
* A degree in Electrical Engineering, electronic or related subject.
* A Minimum of 5 years working in Electrical or a similar technical discipline (ideally in the Marine industry).
* Chartered Engineer status preferred or working towards chartership
* A proven track record of electrical engineering, with good PLC, drives and motor experience.
* Proven understanding of the design process and ability to demonstrate working knowledge of brief/scope documents, design concepts as well as experienced in producing calculations.
* Excellent AUTOCAD design skill
Back to Jobs Page
* A highly competitive base salary, pension and flexible working
* The opportunity to work for a truly visionary company making a real impact on green technology making the shipping industry more sustainable.
* Be a part of a passionate innovative team where your voice is truly heard and where you can make a real difference
£28,000 - £32,000 + Car allowance + Overtime
£28,000 - £34,000 + Car allowance + Overtime + Pension