|Salary:||$62K - $68K p/a + travel bonus + benefits|
|Division:||MARINE ENGINEERING JOBS|
The Company: Our client is a maritime technology company, offering sustainable environmental solutions to the cruise ship industry. The company has developed global market share in delivering expert engineering solutions for purifying waste water, processing waste products and converting waste materials into renewable energy.
Job Purpose: Based in Florida, the Electrical / Automation (Marine) Service Technician will be required to travel extensively and internationally, and work on board client cruise ships 3-5 days p/w. The Service Technician will be responsible for installing and commissioning electrical components, powering-up and testing electrical systems, installing, testing and updating software and trouble-shooting electrical and automation issues, on board client cruise ships.
The role would be suitable for an ex-seafarer with relevant experience and qualifications.
* Prior authorisation to live and work in the US
* A commitment to the values of the company and the use of technology in developing environmental solutions, to create cleaner seas
* Exceptional presentation and communication skills, both oral and written, absolute professionalism, reliability, and the ability to respond effectively and efficiently to client issues and requests.
* Marine experience of installation, service and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment, software and technical solutions. Experience is likely to have been gained on board vessels, at sea.
* Flexibility to travel extensively and internationally, and to remain on client cruise ships for 3-5 days a week.
* Client-focused attitude and a commitment to the delivery of a fast and effective service, in response to client requirements
Essential Technical Knowledge & Experience
* Review and mark-up electrical drawings using AutoCAD
* Install and commission electrical components
* Troubleshoot electrical & automation issues
* Power up electrical systems for testing and operation with company equipment
* Install, test and update PLC/HMI software (Omron, Proface, Citect, Siemens)
* Analyze legacy design for improvement opportunities
* Train equipment operators and lead a small team of electricians
* Mechanical aptitude to learn service practices for industrial equipment (motors, pumps, burners, gear drives, etc)
Summary: This is an ideal opportunity for a Service Technician to transition into a shore-based role, whilst committing to extensive international travel to service electrical automation systems, products, equipment and solutions, on board client cruise ships. Whereas expert technical knowledge and experience are critical to this role, so too are presentation and communication skills and absolute professionalism when working with colleagues and clients.Back to Jobs Page
€70,000-€80,000 plus relocation support, pension and international schooling
£45,000-£65,000 plus excellent benefits.
£50,000-£60,000 plus Bonus, Pension, Health and Medical