|Salary:||£75,000 + £85,000 + Company Benefits|
|Division:||MARINE OPERATIONS JOBS|
Diving Technical Advisor
A highly credible association with a brand renown for setting the highest industry standards and procedures across the Marine and Offshore industry.
The Diving Technical Adviser assists the Diving Manager and Technical Director to deliver the work programme of the Diving Division Committee.
* Co-ordinate and constructively participate in assigned Diving Division committees and workgroups, including preparing agendas and minutes, attending/chairing meetings and delivering action items.
* Prepare new Diving Division technical guidance documents and Information Notes.
* Review and revise existing Diving Division technical guidance documents, with a focus upon currency of technical information, whilst being cognisant of the potential impact on the diving contractor membership.
* Provide current technical advice to assigned Diving Division committees, workgroups and to the wider membership.
* Provide support to members on technical enquiries received by email and phone.
* Consult and engage with third-party organisations (regulators, trade and technical associations, professional bodies, diver certification authorities, clients and others) to represent the interests of the Association and its members.
* Monitor regulatory and technical developments which may affect the Diving Division members, briefing and lobbying as appropriate.
* Support diving-related work at the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
* Prepare and deliver the technical programmes for Diving seminars, workshops and other events, including chairman and speaker liaison.
* Prepare and deliver technical presentations for regional meetings.
* Prepare technical briefings on diving issues for senior management.
* Travel nationally and internationally, as required, to act as representative at appropriate meetings and events.
* A formal (or by experience) professional engineering or diving industry supervisor qualification.
* A demonstrable strong passion for offshore diving with significant experience and knowledge of offshore operations and offshore diving.
* A degree level education is desirable.
* Proactive and self-motivated, with a drive for results.
* Structured and systematic approach to work tasks.
* First class communication/presentation skills (written and verbal).
* Highly articulate to be able to effectively work with groups of various expertise and seniority.
* Skilled in influencing and negotiating.
* Ability to deliver work that is technically correct, logical and well argued.
* Top level personal skills in representing and promoting the work of Association.
* First class organisational skills and ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
* Ability to command and develop technical discussion.
* Ability to effectively work independently and also within a team environment.
* Advanced technical knowledge of diving systems, as utilised by complex diving support vessels.
* A comprehensive knowledge of UK offshore diving regulations
* Extensive experience and knowledge of offshore diving operations.
* Extensive knowledge of diving safety management systems and the principles of safe diving practices.
* Broad experience of shipping and international offshore construction (technology, operations, projects and companies).
* A highly competitive basic salary
* Excellent company benefits
* This is a home based role however, the successful candidate will need to be no more than 2 hours from London.