|Salary:||Market Competitive plus benefits|
|Division:||CORPORATE & PROFESSIONAL JOBS|
Faststream Recruitment has been exclusively appointed by the Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast to recruit a Director of HR.
Following its recent acquisition by London listed energy firm InfraStrata Plc, Harland & Wolff is once again very much "open for business". It is now looking to build a team of top talent, who will support its ambitious growth plans.
Harland & Wolff has over 150 years of marine manufacturing experience and offers a unique combination of vast facilities and technical capability. It is perfectly positioned to support the full life-cycle needs of the defence, commercial shipping, cruise & ferry, oil & gas and renewables sectors.
The new Harland & Wolf leadership team represent some of the world's best maritime and offshore engineering. This team is committed to restoring Harland & Wolff as the go-to destination across all sectors. This transformation offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to inspire and motivate the existing workforce and make Harland & Wolff an employer of choice to attract the very best talent.
Reporting to the Managing Director and placed within the senior leadership team, this is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of Harland & Wolff.
You will be responsible for:
* Developing the HR strategy, processes and standards as well as driving its delivery
* Acting as the main point of contact for the union, internally and externally
* Reviewing and coordinating with the unions on the collective agreement, allocation of labour and pay structure for all employees
* Rebuilding the yard's employer brand and service offering to the industry
* Increasing headcount substantially in line with department, project, and order book requirements
* Spearheading a new apprenticeship programme
* Leading organisational change to ensure that the structure, talent and ways of working are correctly set up to deal with its continued growth and evolution as a business
* Establishing a culture where agility, forward and disruptive thinking are encouraged whilst maintaining a balance with traditions, policies and processes
Harland & Wolff is looking for a deep thinker who can translate board strategy into operational priorities, and drive delivery - someone who is willing and able to get stuck in and make things happen.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
* Significant experience as an HR leader
* Leading and more importantly delivering against major organisational change in the people space
* Involvement working and negotiating in a unionised environment
* Conflict resolution, negotiation and ability to de-escalate
* Creating and operating performance measures, performance management systems, compensation and benefits structures with a deep knowledge of HR theory
* Strong commercial understanding and the ability to make a significant contribution to the wider business strategy and delivery, outside the confines of HR, working alongside other Directors from across the business as part of the senior management team, the main decision making engine of the business on a day-to-day basis
* Delivering exceptional employee engagement to ensure a culture of success and recognition. This will come from a thorough understanding of what drives engagement at all levels of an organisation, and the actions that can be taken to drive positive engagement
* An exceptional leader of people, able to inspire, coach, develop and manage the team within a lean department structure
* A highly engaging and passionate person with exceptional drive and focus who can role model behaviours
* Ideally, the successful candidate will have gained experience within a project environment where ramp up and ramp down of personnel is required - i.e. talent acquisition
* Previous experience in the shipbuilding industry is advantageous but not essential
Renumeration & Benefits
On offer is a very attractive and competitive remuneration package and the chance to be a part of the turnaround of one of the most iconic shipyards in the world.
* Private medical insurance
* Pension contribution
* 20 days holiday, plus public holidays