|Salary:||Generous salary and package available DOE|
|Location:||North West London|
|Division:||SHORE-BASED CRUISE JOBS|
Faststream Recruitment has entered into an exclusive partnership with MSC Cruises to recruit and hire the new build site teams across Europe who will be critical in MSC's extensive cruise ship new build programme.
Reporting to the Director, the Architect Manager is responsible for leading the architectural development of all vessels aligned to a single brand; MSC Cruises or Explora Journeys The role will ensure that all vessels within the brand will be designed and developed in accordance with product and brand requirements whilst balancing schedules, quality and cost.
The role will require frequent visits to vessels in operation, shipyards and the premises of subcontractors to carry out supporting works as necessary.
* Works in partnership with Project Directors to ensure vessels under development are delivered on time, budget and quality including contributing towards reporting, risk and issue management.
* Evaluates and selects external consultants, architects and design companies as required. Defines scope of work, deliverable and plans to align with ship building schedules as appropriate.
* Acts as main architectural contact with brand product teams to ensure vessels under development meet business requirements, that required input is obtained and ongoing feedback is provided and collaborative design is achieved.
* Leads the architectural value engineering process within projects, liaising with all stakeholders as required to ensure maximum value is obtained without compromising the architectural intent.
* Owns the development and management of Owners Supply Budgets relating to architectural components of new building projects.
* Working with Project & Site Teams to carry out final inspection and approval of indoor and outdoor public areas and cabins / suites as part of ship delivery activities. Validates the final product meets the original design and intent.
* Supports the Architect Co-ordinators in managing external architects / consultants and interactions with the relevant shipyards.
* Ensures adoption of standard business processes related to project management, commercial management, risk and issue management, document and data management.
* Coaches and mentors junior staff.
* Supports the Director in Pre-Contract / R&D Activities as required and board presentations.
* Language: English (fluent both written and spoken) with good standard of Italian/French.
* Bachelor's Degree or master's Degree in Architecture / Design with focus on Naval Architecture preferred.
* Minimum 6 year experience working in architectural development with a focus on cruise and / or yacht design and development.
* Demonstrable strong 2D and 3D drafting skills using AutoCAD / MicroStation / Rhino / Sketchup or similar.
* Fluent in communicating through multiple channels including presentations, reports and documentation.
* Availability to travel as when required.
* Right to work in the UK and EU.