|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
I am seeking an experienced submarine cable engineer with proven expertise in the installation of submarine power cables to join my client in London.
My client is a leading independent marine and offshore engineering consultancy providing specialist services to organisations involved in marine and offshore technical projects. Their team works closely with energy companies, offshore and marine contractors, underwriters, insurance brokers and many others, to deliver tailor-made project risk mitigation, engineering and incident investigation services. They are ambitious and are seeking to expand their team to support their growth.
They seek a specialist with understanding of marine and offshore fields, who will be involved in a wide range of projects involving offshore renewable energy developments, interconnectors and other applications for submarine power cables. Typical projects include; Marine Warranty Surveys for construction of offshore wind farms and tidal energy sites, including loading, transport and installation of high voltage submarine power cables, engineering consultancy for subsea cable installation (e.g. dynamic cable analysis), independent review of cable manufacturing tests (FAT, type tests) and the investigation of submarine cable damage claims.
This position requires a creative thinking and diligent engineer who is keen to further develop their career in the sector. The work will be office based but may also attendance on-board vessels and offshore installations.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Provide engineering assistance as required for marine warranty projects. There will also be the opportunity for on-site attendances (on-shore and offshore)
* Managing and delivering projects to schedule and budget, delivering customer satisfaction (schedule compliance and engineering completion) on projects whilst helping to deliver the planned growth for the Company
* Provide engineering support to relevant insurance claims and legal investigations
* Responsible for ensuring technical quality in the appropriate field(s)
* Client development to introduce and deliver new business to the Company
* Relevant engineering degree and Chartered status
* Proven experience and knowledge of relevant rules, codes and guidelines for some or all of the following areas:
* High voltage cables and associated hardware / accessories
* Cable installation, including trenching, laying, burial operations, shore-landings and pull-ins
* Cable repairs
* Cable installation and engineering analyses
* Cable manufacture and testing
* Offshore / marine construction projects
* Able to work in a high-pressured, deadline-driven environment, maintaining focus on quality and attention to detail. Can manage and prioritise own workload and that of others on a project
* Commercial acumen - can identify and understand customers' needs to formulate effective solutions and balance their needs with commercial interests
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, producing reports of the highest standards
* Can apply a creative approach to problem-solving for clients and in the presentation of technical work to non-technical people
* Forward thinking - willing to challenge traditional standards where benefits can be achieved
* Team player who is keen to contribute to the further development of the company
Salary and benefits package are competitive in the current market, and the opportunities for progression will be available. Only candidates with the right to reside and work in the UK/EU can be considered.Back to Jobs Page
£40,000 - £55,000 DOE