|Division:||NAVAL ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN JOBS|
I am working on behalf of a leading independent marine and offshore engineering consultancy. They provide a range of tailored services to energy companies, offshore and marine contractors, underwriters and insurance brokers to deliver project risk mitigation, engineering and incident investigation services.
With a consistently good name in the market they are keen to maintain this reputation by hiring top-level engineers, who pair practical technical and analytical skills with client management capabilities. The current requirement is for a Naval Architect with good understanding of the marine and offshore fields. This position requires a creative thinking and diligent engineer who is keen to further develop their career in the sector.
The candidate can expect to be involved in a wide range of projects involving fixed / floating structures, sub-sea equipment, sub-sea power cables, offshore renewable energy and project cargoes.
* Transport & Installation (T&I) engineering for offshore construction projects
* Marine Warranty Surveys (MWS) for a wide range of offshore construction projects
* Development of cargo securing designs
* Analysis of mooring systems
* Verification of new equipment / system designs
* Investigations into marine and offshore casualties / incidents
Key responsibilities are:
* Delivering varied consultancy projects, with a particular focus on engineering design and analysis
* Engineering assistance as required for marine warranty projects. There will also be the opportunity for on-site attendances (on-shore and offshore)
* Taking ownership of projects and delivering customer satisfaction (schedule compliance and engineering completion) on projects while helping to deliver planned growth
* Provide engineering support to legal investigations
* Assist in the development of the R&D work, leading development projects as appropriate
* Ensuring technical quality in the appropriate fields, and being the custodian of methodologies, associated software and processes.
* Provide oversight and guidance to junior engineers as required
* Client development to introduce and deliver new business to the Company
* Naval Architecture degree (or similar) and Chartered status
* 2 - 5 years' experience in a Naval Architecture role, in functions such as: T&I engineering and analysis; heavy-lift engineering like rigging and pad-eye design; sea-fastening design; vessel motions analysis
* Operational procedure writing
* Proficient in the use of DNV SESAM and OrcaFlex software
* Knowledge and application of the relevant rules, codes and guidelines for the above areas.
* Highly organised, with some exposure to project management
* Commercial acumen
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, producing reports of the highest standards
* Creative approach to problem-solving and in the presentation of technical work to non-technical people
* Forward thinking - willing to challenge traditional standards where benefits can be achieved
* Team player who is keen to contribute to the further development of the company.
This permanent role is London based with some international travel. Only candidates with the right to reside and work in the UK/EU can be considered. My client pay highly competitive salaries in the London consultancy market. Please send your CV today for consideration.Back to Jobs Page