|Salary:||Competitive Basic + Excellent Benefits|
|Division:||MARINE SURVEYING JOBS|
Assistant Director Maritime Affairs
The primary purpose of this role is to represent and support the flag state at external meetings such as the International Maritime Organization (IMO). In the context of these meetings the role involves the analyses of developing maritime issues to draft papers and actively argue positions taken by The Flag State.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
* Provide technical support to the registry's representation at the IMO including participation in working groups and correspondence group discussions.
* Represent the registry at other meetings as required.
* Prepare submissions to IMO and other position- and briefing papers for the flag state and other national governmental agencies.
* Support other departments in the development of technical policies
* Provide support for responses to external technical and compliance enquiries.
* Deliver presentations on technical and policy issues to external forums as required
* Education to Degree-level or equivalent
* STCW II/2 (Master Mariner or STCW III/2 Chief Engineer or a degree in Naval Architecture or Maritime Law Degree
* At least ten years of experience in the maritime sector
* Experience within a lobbying environment
* Good knowledge of international maritime legislation
* Highly developed written and oral presentation skills
* Good critical thinking and analysis skills
* Good inter-personal and cross-cultural skills
* Good team-working skills
* Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
* Well organised and capable of logical prioritisation of activities
* Competitive salary;
* 15% gratuity (paid either monthly to our pension plan, or every contract period);
* UK Private medical insurance; please be advised this is a taxable benefit;
* 25 days holiday per annum (pro rata) in the first year;
* Interest free season ticket loan after probation period; and
* Probation period of six (6) months.
Back to Jobs Page
Competitive Basic + Excellent Benefits
£47,064 - £54,805 + Relocation, Low Tax + Benefits
Isle of Man