Recruitment Consultant - Professional & Corporate
Faststream is the global leader in Shipping, Maritime and Offshore recruitment and we’re looking to expand our US recruitment team.
With offices in UK, Houston and Singapore, we are dedicated to providing a professional and consultative service to our world leading industry clients, and the highest calibre of industry professionals.
About the role:
As part of the Faststream Ship Management Division based in Houston, the successful applicant will sit within the Commercial Shipping team. Working with some of the most prestigious Ship Owners and Operators, Trading Organisations and Oil Majors across the Americas, you will be focused on recruiting for Corporate and Professional positions including Finance, Legal, Procurement, HR and IT.
We are looking to hire a recruitment consultant who will work with the current team to develop the highlighted areas of opportunity, and increase our presence within this sector.
A typical day will involve a variety of tasks including:
- Building professional relationships with existing clients
- Expanding the current client base, usually via cold calling
- Attracting candidates by using social media to head hunt, advertise and network
- Managing the interview/selection processes for client and candidate
- Negotiating salaries and terms and conditions
- Researching the market place and industry
- Attending industry specific conferences and exhibitions
- Closing deals!
- You will be degree qualified and/or have previous recruitment experience within the Professional/Corporate sector.
- Knowledge of the Shipping industry would be a distinct advantage.
- You must have a competitive edge and the desire to succeed in this fast paced industry.
- You must be an influential and assertive communicator with a professional work ethic.
- You will enjoy challenging situations where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions.
- You will thrive on working to financial targets and will be independent, self-motivated, positive and able to plan and manage your time effectively in order to exceed those targets.
EARN - We offer a competitive basic salary (DOE) and excellent 'on target earnings’ which are set 1 year in advance. We provide achievable targets and uncapped commission - our commission rates work on a rolling scale ranging from a minimum of 11% to a maximum of 30%, with additional bonus scheme.
OWN - We want our employees to run their own desk so we make sure that you have the autonomy needed to do so. We’ll support, train and encourage our employees to take ownership over what they do.
GROW - We encourage and nurture our talented team and we develop our consultants so they can work their way up the career ladder. As you progress you’ll benefit from perks such as a company car, mobile phone, extended holiday entitlement, private healthcare and a contributory pension.
ENJOY - We have a 'work hard - play hard’ culture and hold regular formal and informal company events, including trips to Dubai or Las Vegas, we’ll make sure you enjoy working here.
Please apply with an updated CV, or contact Martin Bennell (Shipping & Maritime Director) by email email@example.com or call +44 (0)2380 33 4444 for further information.