Job Title: Recruitment Consultant / Account Manager (Maritime - Defence)
Faststream Recruitment is the market leader across the International Maritime and Shipping Industries. We employ more than 90 professionals across a framework of offices in the UK, Houston and Singapore. Faststream are dedicated to providing the highest levels of professionalism in the marketplace and we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations on both a global and local scale.
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen to join our ‘Marine Defence’ department at the heart of our Southampton HQ. This is a well-established part of our business where we hold major contracts with ‘Blue-Chip’ customers as well as fast-growing SMEs.
Our Clients are heavily invested within naval shipbuilding, maritime engineering and a range of highly technical often ‘top secret’ engineering projects (think Nuclear Subs, Warships, Aircraft Carriers, Interceptors, even Autonomous Craft).
This is a highly technical sector which benefits from a regular flow of vacancies as well as significant opportunities to grow and develop. We are looking for a new team member to take this department to the next level.
A typical day will involve:
- Building professional relationships with existing and ‘prospect’ clients via the telephone and face-to-face
- Taking thorough vacancy bookings on the telephone and face-to-face
- Attracting candidates using the database and marketing as well as headhunting techniques
- Selling candidates to Clients in a highly consultative manner
- Managing the interview/selection processes for client and candidate
- Negotiating salaries, terms and conditions and closing deals!
- Developing the business plan
- Identifying and attending key industry events and networking opportunities
- Supporting with Bids, Tenders and Pitches for new business and to renew / expand existing contracts
- You will have previous recruitment experience within an Engineering or Technical capacity
- You must have a competitive edge and the desire to succeed in this fast paced industry
- You must be an influential and assertive communicator with a professional work ethic
- You will enjoy challenging situations where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions
- You will thrive on working in a targeted and competitive sales environment, self-motivated, positive and able to plan and manage your time effectively in order to exceed targets set
- Candidates must be passionate about developing new and existing client relationships and take a leading role in developing the highlighted areas of opportunity to increase our presence within this sector
- Candidates with experience of key account management and account development will be of particular interest
EARN - We offer competitive salaries and an uncapped commission scheme. It is our philosophy to set highly achievable billing targets and to provide our employees with significant opportunity to accelerate their earnings through over performance.
OWN - We are a privately owned company who want our employees to have the autonomy to run and develop their own teams. We also provide good structure and managerial support in order to train, coach and encourage our employees to achieve take full responsibility.
GROW - We encourage our teams to grow and develop, always promoting opportunities for Consultants to move forward and striving to provide the right balance of encouragement, support and reward to facilitate employees moving up the career ladder. As you progress you’ll benefit from additional perks and benefits (flexible working, company car, extra holiday entitlement, private healthcare etc).
ENJOY - We treat our employees with respect and adopt a 'work hard’ – ‘play hard’ culture, holding regular company events. Whether it’s horse racing at Goodwood, eating at Michelin starred restaurants, sailing around the Solent or trips to Dubai or Las Vegas, we’ll make sure everyone enjoys working in the Faststream community.
To find out more about this vacancy, or working for Faststream Recruitment please contact Adam Graves (Associate Director) - Adam.Graves@Faststream.com 02380208822.