Could you be part of our next CEO prize where you will enjoy an all expenses paid trip to an amazing location? This year was Vegas, last year was Dubai. Where will you be going in 2016?
You've got to be in it to win it so if you are a proven salesperson or already a recruiter then this HOT desk with jobs waiting to be filled could be your first-class ticket to a trip of a lifetime........
More about us:
We’re a world leader in providing specialist recruitment solutions within the Maritime, Oil and Gas and Built Environment industries and we’re growing!
We have our Global waterfront Head Quarters in Southampton with additional offices in Fort Lauderdale, Houston and Singapore.
We are dedicated to providing a professional and consultative service to our world leading industry clients, and the highest calibre of industry professionals.
About the role:
We have an urgent opportunity for a contract consultant to join the successful and well-established Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation team. You will work alongside high performing recruiters in an extremely busy and fast paced environment.
As part of this team you will be responsible for placing Engineers and Technicians covering discplines such as Highways, Drainage, Development Infrastructure & Transportation to name but a few throughout the UK.
The role has got great potential for someone new to recruitment who is looking to get a foot in the door, or someone who has a few years’ experience in recruitment and wishes to take that next step in their career.
This is a "Hot"desk with plenty of jobs just waiting to be filled.
A typical day will involve a variety of tasks including:
- Building a client base, usually via cold calling
- Building professional relationships with existing clients
- Attracting candidates by using social media to head hunt, advertise and network
- Managing the interview/selection processes for client and candidate
- Negotiating salaries and terms and conditions
- Researching the market place and industry
- Closing deals!
- You will either be an experienced recruiter with proven success who is looking for the next step in their career, alternatively we would consider someone new to recruitment if they showed the right drive and passion for a career in sales.
- You must have a competitive edge and the desire to succeed in this fast paced industry.
- You must be an influential and assertive communicator with a professional work ethic.
- You will enjoy challenging situations where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions.
- You will thrive on working to financial targets and will be independent, self-motivated, positive and able to plan and manage your time effectively in order to exceed those targets.
- You will be able to offer a clear understanding of the role of a recruitment consultant.
EARN - We offer a competitive basic salary (DOE) and excellent 'on target earnings’ which are set 1 year in advance. We provide achievable targets and uncapped commission - our commission rates work on a rolling scale ranging from a minimum of 7.5% to a maximum of 30%, with an additional bonus scheme.
OWN - We want our employees to run their own desk so we make sure that you have the autonomy needed to do so. We’ll support, train and encourage our employees to take ownership over what they do.
GROW - We encourage and nurture our talented team and we develop our consultants so they can work their way up the career ladder. As you progress you’ll benefit from perks such as a company car, mobile phone, extended holiday entitlement, private healthcare and a contributory pension.
ENJOY - We have a 'work hard - play hard’ culture and hold regular formal and informal company events. Whether it’s horse racing at Goodwood, eating at Michelin starred restaurants, sailing around the Solent or a trip to Dubai or Las Vegas, we’ll make sure you enjoy working here.
Please apply with an updated CV, or contact Joanna Hudson (Global Talent Specialist) for further information.