Who we are:
Faststream Recruitment is the market leader across the International Maritime and Shipping Industries. We employ more than 90 professionals across a framework of offices in the UK, Houston and Singapore. Faststream are dedicated to providing the highest levels of professionalism in the marketplace and we strive to exceed our customers’ expectations on both a global and local scale.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our established Commercial Shipping team in our offices overlooking the Ocean Village Marina based in Southampton. One of our most successful Recruitment Consultants is making an internal move and relocating to our Singapore offices and is leaving behind a well-established, hot desk which has successfully exceeded targets for the last 8 years. Your clients will predominantly consist of Vessel Owners, Charterers, Pool Management companies, Brokers, Trading Houses and Bunkering organisations and will see you working closely with our offices based in Houston and Singapore with an international client base. This is a highly desirable desk which will guarantee successfully billing providing you meet the personal specifications below.
A typical day will involve:
- Building professional relationships with executive level existing and prospect clients via the telephone and face-to-face meetings across Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Taking thorough vacancy bookings on the telephone and face-to-face
- Attracting candidates using the database and marketing as well as headhunting techniques
- Selling candidates to Clients in a highly consultative manner
- Managing the interview/selection processes for client and candidate
- Negotiating salaries, terms and conditions and closing deals
- Developing the business plan to grow this business area
- Identifying and attending key industry events and networking opportunities
- Supporting with Bids, Tenders and Pitches for new business and to renew / expand existing contracts
- Given the executive nature of the role it is essential that you have proven experience in a business environment, preferably within a recruitment environment (Engineering or technical capacity desirable).
- You must have a competitive edge and the desire to succeed in this fast paced industry
- You must be an influential and assertive communicator both face to face and over the phone
- You will enjoy challenging situations where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions
- You must have a “work hard, play hard” mentality
- You will thrive on working in a targeted and competitive sales environment, self-motivated, positive and able to plan and manage your time effectively in order to exceed targets set
- Candidates must be passionate about developing new and existing client relationships and take a leading role in developing the highlighted areas of opportunity to increase our presence within this sector
- Candidates with experience of key account management and account development will be of particular interest
EARN - We offer competitive salaries and an uncapped commission scheme. It is our philosophy to set highly achievable billing targets and to provide our employees with significant opportunity to accelerate their earnings through over performance.
OWN - We are a privately owned company who want our employees to have the autonomy to run and develop their own teams. We also provide good structure and managerial support in order to train, coach and encourage our employees to achieve take full responsibility.
GROW - We encourage our teams to grow and develop, always promoting opportunities for Consultants to move forward and striving to provide the right balance of encouragement, support and reward to facilitate employees moving up the career ladder. As you progress you’ll benefit from additional perks and benefits (flexible working, company car, extra holiday entitlement, private healthcare etc).
ENJOY - We treat our employees with respect and adopt a 'work hard’ – ‘play hard’ culture, holding regular company events. Whether it’s horse racing at Goodwood, eating at Michelin starred restaurants, sailing around the Solent or trips to Dubai or Las Vegas, we’ll make sure everyone enjoys working in the Faststream community.
To find out more about this vacancy, or working for Faststream Recruitment please contact Kelsey Connolly (Manager) – Kelsey.Connolly@faststream.com or +44(0)2380 208772