A specialist marine and offshore engineering consultancy in London with offices globally is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join their Engineering team.
Candidates with the some/all of the following experience will be considered:
* Object oriented programming - C++, Java, C#
* Actual design experience, solution planning with algorithms, data structures, code structure, etc
* Debugging experience
* Use of libraries, e.g. C++ standard library, if C# then experience with WPF, LINQ, etc.
* Multi-threading experience - at least some awareness here would be good
* Multi-language experience
* Use of source controls systems
* Degree in relevant engineering discipline - MEng or higher desirable
* Work experience after graduation - 4 yrs minimum desirable
* Technical discipline - either Naval Architect with hydrodynamic experience or related engineering discipline with floating body stability, large body hydrodynamics, motion and station keeping analysis experience & knowledge
* Scientific programming experience in low level languages such as Fortran, C/C++
* Algorithm development
* Finite element programming experience (desirable)
* Experience in applying Optimization techniques (desirable)
The candidate will be responsible for:
Debugging and problem solving
Providing support to internal and external users
You will be required to work on engineering projects related to the marine and offshore sector from time to time
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.