Increase your odds
Your CV is a sales document, an opportunity for you to sell yourself to a prospective employer. To help you make the most of your CV follow our top 5 pointers:
- Keep it clear, simple and professional.
- Ensure that your work experience history is clear with job title, company and job description.
- Tailor your CV to the role your applying for and ensure its not lengthy (ideally keep to under 2 pages).
- Check the spelling, grammar and punctuation thoroughly.
- Ensure its readable with clear font size and style. Avoid background colours and imagery.
Need help with your CV design and layout?
We have put together some simple templates below tailored to your division.
Shipping CV template
Marine CV template
Seagoing CV template
If you need any further help and advice with putting together your CV, please speak to a Faststream consultant.