Field Service Engineer - Ships Propulsion
* This established role is responsible for commissioning, start-up and testing, of mechanical (Propeller, OD Box), hydraulic and control systems on new building projects, also supervise/oversee complex repairs and overhauls of all propulsion equipment on vessels under warranty claim, equipment annual docking and emergency repairs.
* The incumbent is responsible for monitoring the progress on works carried out and coordinating with the customer and shipyard on site during Repair and Commissioning jobs.
* The incumbent is expected to participate in the more complex repair and commissioning jobs.
* They are expected to have a good knowledge of both marine mechanical repairs and electronic repairs.
* The incumbent is responsible for commissioning and service/repair on site and the management of warranty claims.
* The role requires the incumbent to make recommendations of spare parts to customers during repair or overhauling works including system upgrades.
* The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the equipment performs as per the requirement and satisfaction of the customer.
* Responsible for providing status and progress updates of repair and commissioning jobs to the Service Manager.
* The incumbent will be expected to complete timesheets and service reports upon completion of all works, ensuring all documents are properly endorsed / verified by the customer.
Other key duties include:
* Report on defects found on the equipment during commissioning, repair or troubleshoot processes.
* Report on mishandling or wrong installation of the equipment which will cause damage or malfunction of the equipment.
* Complete defective parts forms for warranty claim purposes.
* Responsible for Commissioning of various Trading Articles that was included with the Equipment delivery, such as Shaft Alternator, Gearbox, Journal Bearing, Soft-starter etc.
* Prepare commissioning checklists, sea-trial reports and harbor trial (bollard pull) reports on completion of new building projects.
* Prepare service reports upon completion of work.
* Travel will be required on a regular basis.
* Requires a high school diploma or equivalent in mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems.
* Also required is at least 3-5 years of relevant job related experience including software and electronic support or solution experience within the ship or ship yard commissioning field.
* The incumbent must be outgoing and possess good communication skills including a good knowledge of English.
* They must also be a team player but able to work independently with a willingness to learn and take on new challenges.